Everybody has their own daily beauty routine, I know. Some swear by certain products while others go in a completely different direction. Today, I’m going to share with you what works for me in the hopes that it can work for you!
Facial Cleansers and Makeup Primers
- Lush Fresh Farmacy Cleanser – The first time I went to a Lush store was last November, and the moment I stepped foot in there, I was hooked. The salesgirls went above and beyond in their helpfulness, and I guess I’m one of those suckers because I walked out of there with $200 worth of products. I was skeptical about getting a new face soap because the only thing that seemed to work with my complexion was using this Johnson and Johnson baby soap that they don’t even make anymore. However, the Fresh Farmacy bar is a complete lifesaver. It doesn’t make me break out, it makes my skin feel clean, and after I use it, I just feel, well…fresh. If you go to the store, they will cut you off a piece the size you want, as well, so you never feel like you have a bar you can’t hold in your hand.
- Lush Tea Tree Water – I spray this on right when I get out of the shower on my face and use it as like an astringent. It helps reduce redness, which is fantastic because my skin is either completely pale or completely red, there is no in between. It’s not harsh and doesn’t smell too awful, either.
- Lush Enzymion – I got sticker shock when I looked at the price of this makeup primer; one little tub was $40! I was debating on whether or not I should return it because I had never used makeup primer, but, let me tell you…it’s well worth the price. I only use a tiny bit each day, and I won’t be surprised if I don’t use the whole thing before it expires in October. It really helps keep my makeup on through my 10 hour work day.
- MAC Bare Study Paint Pot – I have a hell of a time keeping my eye makeup on, and I love to wear it, so this is a constant problem. One of my eyes tears constantly, no matter what I do, so sometimes I end up with one really great looking eye and one that looks like I am wearing no makeup at all. However, once my eyeshadow primer got discontinued from Sephora, I started using Bare Study, and I am never going back. Every time I go to MAC, the girls there try and sell me on some other Paint Pot or eyeshadow primer, but this is the only one that works for me. When I put my eyeshadow on over this, it makes the colors pop and it STAYS ON MY EYELIDS. Clearly, the most important thing ever.
Work Appropriate Makeup
- MAC Studio Fix Foundation – The trick to this foundation is to not use a whole ton of it. Before, I was caking it on, trying to blend out any imperfections, and it kept coming off, no matter how much powder I put on afterwards. But once I learned to just use a little bit, the application process went a little better. It’s not my favorite thing in the world, but it’s the best one I have tried so far, so I’ll continue to use it.
- MAC Pro Long Wear Concealer – I just recently switched to this from another MAC concealer because the coverage is FANTASTIC. You may have to do a little contouring because this stuff goes on thick, but it’s worth it. All the red is GONE. I love you, Pro Long Wear. Never leave me.
- MAC Pressed Blot Powder – This does the job, but I haven’t had time to try out new formulas. I mean, it’s okay to take down shine, but I do reapply a lot. Anyone have any suggestions for a powder that has a longer wear time?
- Kat Von D Eyeshadow Ludwig Palette – I have a TON of different eyeshadows, but none of them stay on quite like the Kat Von D shadows. For work, I use the three browns on the right side of this palette in the picture, but I have a larger set that has four sets of three complimentary colors that Sephora doesn’t have anymore. My favorite Kat Von D palette is the Metal Symphony one, but I wouldn’t wear any of those to work (since they are evening blacks and blues) and it was a limited edition and is now discontinued. Every product in her line I’ve tried has had a ridiculously long wear time, doesn’t break out your skin, or cause allergic reactions. It’s perfection in a brand, for sure.
- MAC Zoom Waterfast Lash Mascara – I’ve tried about six million different mascaras, but MAC mascaras are the only ones that don’t irritate my sensitive eyes. Plus, this one is waterproof, so it withstands my constant tearing. God bless you, MAC. I don’t know what I would do without you.
That’s pretty much what I wear to work on a daily basis, including whatever lip gloss/Chapstick I can find (and sometimes MAC lipstick in Faux), but on the weekends, it’s an entirely different story…and that’s for an entirely different post. What’s your must have beauty product? Let me know in the comments below if there’s something I should be using!